Maidenhead Tuneless Choir
Maidenhead Tuneless Choir launched in June 2016 and from March 2020 to July 2021 we sang ‘together’ online via the medium of zoom. But now, we are BACK!
We have had four weeks back in person now and are looking forward to our plans for the rest of the year.
Autumn/Winter Term – six weeks – no session on 3 November
- 6 October – Country night!
- 13 October – October Number 1’s to celebrate one of our members birthdays
- 20 October – TBC
- 27 October – our legendary SPOOKTACULAR!!!
- 10 November – Remembrance / Wartime songs
- 17 November – Motown night!
Term payments are the equivalent of £6 per session – so £36 for our Autumn/Winter Term – saving a whopping £12 on the pay as you go equivalent of £8 per session.
And for total newcomers, a first session and membership is £10, then either pay-as-you-go at £8 or an available term deal.
- 1 / 8 / 15 December and 22 December TBC (this may be some kind of outdoor festive social sing song)
Socials & additional sing-songs
We love supporting community events as and when we are able and in the diary we have:
- Sat 27 November – Things on Strings Christmas Market in Cookham – join us for some carefree carolling – https://www.facebook.com/events/381028206861336/
- Sun 28 November – All Saints Church Courtyard Fayre
- Date TBC – Supporting Maidenhead FC 150 Challenge
- Date TBC – Pop up carolling around Maidenhead town
For your comfort and safety…
We have introduced a number of measures for our members to feel safe to ‘sing like no one is listening’ in the current climate. Here’s what is being asked of our members:
- Everyone attending to be either be double jabbed or have taken a negative lateral flow test that day
- To wear masks on arrival and departure (but can remove when seated – or keep on if prefer)
- Three sets of double doors open during the session and a lovely high ceiling for ventilation
- Areas of the church can be reserved for people who would like to maintain a 2 metre distance.
- Sanitise hands on arrival
- Pre-pay by bank transfer to limit the exchange of cash/cheque (but cash payments still possible – ideally in an envelope with your name on)
- Online registration form for newcomers – www.bit.ly/tunelessmaidenheadregistration
- Capping numbers at 50 people (pre pandemic we were 70-80 each week)
Our singing sessions run from 8pm – 9.15pm with doors open from 7.45pm at the United Reformed Church, West Street, Maidenhead, SL6 1RL – it is opposite the back entrance of M&S. There are various parking options in the town centre – please get in touch for the best options.
For the most up to date information please join our mailing list below or follow us on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/tunelesschoirmaidenhead.
We love mail and we love new members so any questions just ask at email@example.com.
If you are already a member of Tuneless Choir Maidenhead, you can also request to join our Community Facebook group.
We look forward to having a ‘wail’ of a time with you soon,
Tuneless Tabitha x
“Tuneless has made me realise that it’s fine to do something just because. We don’t have to strive to be the best or practice until all joy has been taken away. Doing something just for the enjoyment it brings is sufficient reason to go for it. If others find it inappropriate, offensive or choose to laugh at me, that’s their problem not mine! Although laughing with me is fine!”
“It’s a bit of the week I always look forward to, and it has certainly helped in recent ‘tricky’ times. Here’s to many more happy hours warbling with TLC.”
“Come – sing your heart out and leave with aching cheeks from laughing and smiling sooooooo very much!”
“I love my Wednesday evenings. To come together and belt out a few songs (old and new) and have a giggle with a great bunch of people is what keep me returning. Tabitha is so warm and welcoming, you can’t fail but to enjoy yourself and leave with a smile on your face!”
“I have made good friends and had the best of times, i never thought I would ever have the confidence to stand in the high street singing and loving it.”